Support Documents & Videos
END OF SALE NOTIFICATION: ShoreTel IP 100/200/500 Series
As your ShoreTel Provider, we would like to inform you of the recent announcement ShoreTel has made regarding the discontinuation of certain IP phone models.
Please see the official notice posted below.
The 400 Series phones are ShoreTel’s principal portfolio of desk phones and the successor phone models to those being discontinued. A number of enhancements to the 400 series phones will be delivered in the coming months, and ShoreTel continues to invest in these.
*400 Series Phones require Version 14.0 software in order to function. Please contact General Communications to upgrade your software for maximum compatibility.
Software for Discontinued Phones:
ShoreTel plans to maintain software compatibility for current and future software releases between phones that are part of this current action. Full software compatibility will continue in future software releases for the foreseeable future.
Warranty Coverage for Discontinued Phones:
Existing ShoreTel warranty and support contracts on all 100/200/500 series phones will continue until the expiration date of the contract. Telephones will be eligible for support renewals for up to five years after the initial purchase date per the standard ShoreTel warranty policy. In the event that a 100/200/500 series phone fails in the field, ShoreTel reserves the right to replace the failed product with a similar or better product.
Availability for Discontinued Phones (Ends Aug. 31st, 2015):
The following items, currently available, will be discontinued:
IP110, IP115, IP230, IP230G, IP265, IP560G, IP212k, and the BB24 button box. Customers who wish to purchase these items have until August 31st, 2015 to place their final orders. Accessories, parts and paper documentation for these phones will remain available for the foreseeable future.
The increasing difficulty of obtaining and managing parts for the manufacture of these phones is the principal factor leading to this action. In addition, the demand for these older phones continues to decline as the 400 series phones now represent the largest-and still growing-proportion of phone sales.
While an assessment of individual customer needs will determine which 400 series phones will be the best alternatives to the 100/200/500 series phones, general suggestions are provided here:
- The IP420 is the successor to the IP100 and IP115 for entry level phones
- The IP480 is the successor to the IP230 for basic office phone use
- The IP480G is the successor to the IP230G and IP560G where gigabit Ethernet support is desired for general office use
- The IP485G (to continue with color display) or IP480 is the successor to the IP265
- The IP480 is the successor to the IP212K
- The IP655 phone will continue to be available for the foreseeable future
- Toshiba VIPedge
- Toshiba IPedge
- Changing Your Phone System Date & Time
- ShoreTel General Description
- ShoreTel Voicemail Quick Reference
- ShoreTel IP655 Page 1, Page 2
- ShorePhone IP230
- ShorePhone IP115
- ShoreTel Mobility for iPhone Quick Reference
- ShoreTel Communicator Quick Reference
- Toshiba Strata Messaging Voice Mail User Guide
General Communication Brochures
ShoreTel Communicator – Docked Views
ShoreTel Communicator for Mac
Allworx Call Basics
ShoreTel Communicator – Changing Modes
Key Features of the ShoreTel IP Phone
ShoreTel Communicator Tabs